In the small town of Chillicothe, OH many had suspicions that a serial killer was at work, targeting women known to be drug users and prostitutes. Several months after the media reports started rolling in, Neal Falls was shot and killed in defense by Heather Saul of Charleston, WV after contacting her through an advertisement she made on the website Backpage.com. Initially Falls was being looked at as a possible suspect, but according to the Ross County Sheriff’s Dept., Neal Falls is unlikely to be tied to any of these women’s murders or disappearances. After reviewing all of the cases, it would appear that some of the women’s murders or disappearances were not connected to the others at all. The official list of victims who were found dead or otherwise missing include:
- Megan Lancaster – Missing Since April 3, 2013
- Charlotte Trego – Missing Since May 3, 2014
- Tameka Lynch – Found dead in the Paint Creek, 20 miles away from where she was last seen near Chillicothe on May 24, 2014.
- Wanda Lemons – Missing since November 3, 2014
- Tiffany Sayre – Was found murdered on June 20, 2015 by hikers in the Highland Nature Sanctuary, 25 miles from Chillicothe.
- Timberly Claytor – Was murdered on May 29, 2015, cause of death was due to gunshot wounds. A man named Jason McCrary has since been indited and is standing trial for her death. *
- Shasta Himelrick – Pregnant at the time of her disappearance. Her body was recovered from Scioto River on January 2, 2015. The coroner ruled her death a suicide. *
* NOTE: Claytor and Himelrick’s deaths were more than likely not connected to the other women.
After Falls’ death there were two additional women found in the Massillon, OH area fitting a similar MO to the women who turned up dead in Chillicothe. When I heard the reports I believed it could have been possible that these murders were linked to the murders in Chillicothe. I will include the links to my sources and you can decide for yourself. A man has since been charged with the two murders. Additionally, other murdered women have been linked to the Chillicothe women through a rehab some of the women had attended together, as reported here: http://nbc4i.com/2015/06/05/missing-women-from-three-different-counties-attended-the-same-rehab-center/
Andrew Morrison has since been named a person of interest in these cases and is considered a serial sexual predator. Documents that were sent to me, that can be found through the LexisNexis database reveal that Morrison has quite a criminal history with charges including rape and kidnapping.
More information on the Massillon, OH women can be found here:
Other links of interest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsK7CWRJYXQ – Press conference by Ross Co. Sheriff’s Dept. on Timberly Claytor’s murder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgMnVlR2UyM – 911 call from the woman who found Tiffany Sayer’s body.